So I am working as a TA in a summer program, and I would love to teach my kids to crochet. Only one thing is holding me back - the hooks! Obviously, we can’t pay for crochet hooks for all of them. Which brings me to my question:
Does anyone know an easy way to make crochet hooks?
15 Notes/ Hide
- luvya221 likes this
- knit-me-a-blanket reblogged this from we-love-crocheting
- theonlysong answered: i agree with a few of the others here, find a bulk bunch of cheapies online! you’ll be better off with them instead of making them
- quixoticneurosis likes this
- dragonrhapsody answered: Dowls - carve out and sand the tips to looks like hooks — really quick and simple!
- professionalbotherer answered: Go on one of the equipment Ravelry groups and post an ISO for donated crochet hooks. I’m sure people have loads of them that they’ll give.
- superslyskillzmcfly answered: You could ask for donations. I know I have a bunch of duplicate hooks and the craft community on tumblr is awesome. I’m sure they’d send them
- a-stitch-through-twine answered: I saw a tutorial for making them out of wooden chopsticks once…
- gizemko answered: a stick, an (army) knife and carving? from chop-sticks for example
- we-love-crocheting reblogged this from chromocrochet
- nahnahland answered: you can use your finger like a hook? Ebay plastic hooks?
- crochetadventures answered: You can get some pretty cheap plastic hooks from e-bay.
- toasted-ghost answered: Well I don’t know about making them, but my local thrift store always has assortments of hooks in a bundle. So, maybe check thrift stores?
- salientscars answered: You can get plastic ones at Joanns or Michaels for a dollar each. They are cheap little white ones and are easy to work with.
- cjtheoracle answered: If you’ve got any spare wire clothes hangers and the tools for cutting and bending wire, those would work to make crochet hooks.
- betty--poop answered: bulk buy shitty acrylic hooks online maybe
- chromocrochet posted this